Garmin is an America-based multinational company that manufactures a wide range of technology products. It specializes in developing GPS technology for marine, aviation, automotive, outdoor, and sports activities. Garmin’s GPS devices come with various outstanding features that help the users plan their routes, view maps, etc. However, all the GPS devices offered by Garmin require regular map updates to keep the device function accurately. Thus, we have mentioned the step-by-step instructions for all the users using which the users can efficiently perform the Garmin Map Update. Thus, all the users are suggested to follow the instructions given in this blog.
Install Garmin Express for Windows and Mac devices
In order to initiate the Garmin Map Update, it is mandatory for all the users to install the Garmin express by using the steps mentioned below:-
- Firstly, open the preferred web browser and enter “Garmin.com/express” in the address bar.
- The users are redirected to the official webpage of Garmin express, where two setups file download links are available- “Download for Windows” and “Download for Mac.”
- Thus, the users are required to select the link according to their OS.
- After this, the Garmin Express file will start getting downloaded on the users’ devices.
- Note: it may ask the users to select the download location for the setup file. Thus, the users should click on the “Save” or “Save as” options and then select the download location.
- Once the file is downloaded, the users can proceed further with the Garmin Map Update procedure. Now, the users are required to install the Garmin Express software.
- Thus, locate the setup file in the system and double-click on it.
- Now, click on the “Run” or “Continue” option.
- After reading the “terms and conditions” or the “Software License Agreement,” click on the install button.
- Now, wait until the installation completes.
- For the Mac users, the users are required to enter their Mac Admin User ID and Password. After this, click on the “Install Software” button.
- In the end, the users must restart their system.
After this, the users should visit the “Garmin.com/express” and from the “Profile” section, click on the “Account” button. It will lead the users to the “Sign In” window, where they should follow the on-screen instructions and set up their User account.
Steps to connect Garmin GPS to the System
All the users are suggested to follow the instructions given below to connect their Garmin GPS devices to their system:-
- Note: Ensure that the GPS device has been dismantled from the automobile and make sure that it is charged properly.
- Now, to forward with the Garmin Map Update, the users should connect their GPS device to the computer system using a USB cable.
- After this, launch the “Garmin Express” file and click on the “Get Started” tab.
- Now, tap on the “Add a device” tab.
- After this, it will detect and connect the Garmin GPS device automatically.
- In the end, the users are suggested to click on the “Add device” button.
- Note: the Garmin Map Update is only available for the registered products. Thus, make sure that your Garmin GPS device is registered. For this, the users are required to follow the on-screen prompts once the Product Registration window gets opened.
Steps to Install Garmin Map Update
- Once the users have registered their product, they get the Garmin Express dashboard on their computer.
- The Garmin Express will detect and show if any Garmin map update is available on the device.
- After that, it displays all the available Garmin map updates under the Map Updates section.
- Now, click on the “Install All” or “Select all” to download and install the Garmin Map Update. In addition to this, the users can also click on the “View Details” to go through the details of the updates. By this, the users can install the individual update from the list. Select the update and click the “install” button.
- After this, accept the “Terms and Conditions.” The next window having the instructions for updates will open on the screen. Thus, read the instructions carefully to make sure that you have completed the Garmin map update process correctly.
- Click on the continue button. The installation process will get started. Please wait until it gets completed.
- Once the installation gets completed, the users will be asked to disconnect and unplug their GPS devices.
- In the end, restart the device.
Thus, by following all the steps mentioned above, the users can download and install the Garmin map update on their Garmin GPS devices.